The quarterly journal "SHP
NEWS" was firstly published on May,1984 by HRC under the sponsorship
of UNDP/UN-ESCAP-REDP(Regional Energy Development Program) in association
with UNIDO. It was officially permitted for publication with an
ISSN No.0256-3118(International Standard Serial Number). The
major objective of the journal is for constant exchange of information
and experience in the small hydro power(SHP) section among Asian-Pacific
countries and/or worldwide. The comprehensive coverage of "SHP
(1) General information of SHP development in relevant developing
(2) State-of -the art and/or new ideas and trends of SHP technology
in various countries or worldwide.
(3) Technical experience of SHP development, including articles
written by experts and staff.
(4) Policy, regulations, institutional issues and finance approaches
in the SHP section.
(5) Market conditions of SHP construction.
(6) Opportunities for SHP business, including technical consultations
and services, equipment supply, etc..
(7) Major events and international activities in the SHP section
mainly in developing countries.
(8) SHP news
Since 1984, 95 issues of "SHP NEWS" have been edited,
published and disseminated to more than 30,000 readers in about
113 countries in the world. Our readers include individual persons
and institutional organizations, such as relevant government officials,
experts(technicians), professors(teachers), SHP institution or NGO
staffs, etc. Organizations may include government sections, universities,
research institutes, SHP developers, consultant Corps. operations,
manufacturers, financial and legal institutions, etc. Our training
workshop trainees are special readers and contributors of the journal.
There have been about 2000 technical persons participated in 90 more
training workshop held by HRC during the past 3 decades. Most of
them keep contact with us and offer articles and /or information
to the journal, forming a vital source of the publication.
We hope to continue obtaining enthusiastic concern, encouragement
and support from our readers. Contributions,advertisement and comments
made on the journal are warmly welcome.